Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebally

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
London, UK
For the last few days I have been trying to access Microsoft's Xbox website, but I keep getting server not found.

But the strangest thing is that it works perfectly well with Camino and Firefox broswers.

How come the website works with some browsers and not others?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Well, you should just trash IE right now.. but the site I linked above works just fine in the latest Safari.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
The US one works fine for me. The UK one is a little screwy though. Anyone else see this (page not found):

Edit: I'm not sure it is the actual UK one?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 122

ebally

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
London, UK
grapes911 said:
The US one works fine for me. The UK one is a little screwy though. Anyone else see this (page not found):

Edit: I'm not sure it is the actual UK one?

I think you have typed the URL wrong for the UK site, it should be http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/

Is there a way to force refresh a webpage in safari? As this is what I get when I visit the site:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 98

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I assume Grapes made the same leap of logic as I did and change the "en-US" (english US) to "en-UK" (english UK). Shocker that it's non-functional and doesn't point to the proper page.

As for what you're seeing, have you cleared your Safari cache?

ebally

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
London, UK
yellow said:
I assume Grapes made the same leap of logic as I did and change the "en-US" (english US) to "en-UK" (english UK). Shocker that it's non-functional and doesn't point to the proper page.

As for what you're seeing, have you cleared your Safari cache?

Thank you. It finally works... (and it was not some big conspiracy on Microsoft behalf, like I originally thought). :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.