Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
I have read from everyone who has used one, they are the best controllers out there.

But one question, do they have the same issues with developing thumbstick drift as the regular xbox controllers?

I'm getting seriously annoyed with the thumbstick drift. In less than 6 months my project scorpio controller has developed it (thank god it's under warranty so I can get it fixed). I have thought about purchasing an elite controller, but if I am shelling out $130 for just a controller, this better not be a problem with it.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I have read from everyone who has used one, they are the best controllers out there.

But one question, do they have the same issues with developing thumbstick drift as the regular xbox controllers?

I'm getting seriously annoyed with the thumbstick drift. In less than 6 months my project scorpio controller has developed it (thank god it's under warranty so I can get it fixed). I have thought about purchasing an elite controller, but if I am shelling out $130 for just a controller, this better not be a problem with it.

"Most Comfortable" for me at least... bought for $90 used at Gamestop (GS refurbishes it with new sticks and replaces any missing parts).

Hang tight - the rumor is at E3, a new version is supposed to be out/announced (with built-in BT for other devices and better sticks).

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
"Most Comfortable" for me at least... bought for $90 used at Gamestop (GS refurbishes it with new sticks and replaces any missing parts).

Hang tight - the rumor is at E3, a new version is supposed to be out/announced (with built-in BT for other devices and better sticks).

Thanks for letting me know to wait. I hadn't heard any rumors about the controllers.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008

Simply put- yes. My first one had the same issue and was replaced. Underneath the surface, the thumb stick mechanism is the same plastic one used in the standard controller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.