Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I've been using XBL for a while now, but only for downloading updates, demos etc. I've never played multiplayer (even had the Crackdown-Halo3 beta and didn't play it).

But in the last week, I've received 4 friend invite-thingies. Is there a customary response - just click yes? Send a message saying hi? Not sure why the sudden interest. (It might be as I topped the leaderboard in one of the Crackdown road races, but I don't want to gloat.. </oh yes I dooooo!> :p )

Do people actually receive a lot of messages thru XBL? I've been using it for 5 months and haven't received one.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I'd just reject em. Unless you talked to them in game and enjoyed playing with them. Having a bunch of people you don't know on your Live friends list is like having a bunch of people you don't know on AIM.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I'd just reject em. Unless you talked to them in game and enjoyed playing with them. Having a bunch of people you don't know on your Live friends list is like having a bunch of people you don't know on AIM.

Exactly. I only have 1 person on my Live friends list that isn't actually a friend of mine. I really don't see the need to have aton of people on your list.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.

Well, I already accepted them, but will bear this in mind in future. Do you have to be a 'friend' to send messages to someone?

(..and they were complete strangers, I've never played a multiplayer game so either they were sending random friend requests or saw my username on one of the leaderboards)

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Well, I already accepted them, but will bear this in mind in future. Do you have to be a 'friend' to send messages to someone?

(..and they were complete strangers, I've never played a multiplayer game so either they were sending random friend requests or saw my username on one of the leaderboards)

Remove them then if you want. It doesn't tell them you've removed them or anything.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed

Indeed, they only take up space and you might never get to play a game with them again...see them sign in a few times...I do my own spring cleaning.

Bless

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
Like its been stated, just reject them. I only accept people who I played with and were actually good at the game. Random ones just get rejected. They just want to be my friend because I am so good at the game. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.