Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
so i bought a subscription code from another member on this forum, but xbox live is refusing to connect. i only bought a 3 month sub just to test the waters and see how i like the service so heres what we have to work with.

verizon fios with a actiontec wireless router
2 macs on the wireless network
1 xbox wired to the router.

from the network settings screen, if i press the connet button, the xbox goes through the process of checking the cables, ip, dns and finally xbox live server. at the end of this process the xbox says i am connected to xbox live and then prompts me to enter my information about starting a new account.

everything goes fine until i finish entering my subscription code. it does not say that the code is invalid. instead i get the message that "unable to continue due to technical difficulties. please try again later."

no amount of googling has lead me to any kind of fix. i have gone into my router settings and everything seems fine with xbox. and the xbox itself has said i am connected to the servers. If it were an invalid code, the message would be that it's an invalid code. so can anyone offer me some advice ?

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
uhh ok, so i registered my sub via the xbox live website and it shows my account as active. so how do i get my xbox to realize that? i cant use account recovery because i dont have a credit card on file, and i cant register a new account because i used my sub online. but those are my only 2 options for account management. oy this is hard .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.