Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
My son loaded up two games onto his xbox one this past week and they took hours to install. One he just left overnight. His friend said the same game took 20 hours to install on his xbox 360. What the heck is going on? This can’t be right. The games were destiny and call of duty, advanced warfare.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
My son loaded up two games onto his xbox one this past week and they took hours to install. One he just left overnight. His friend said the same game took 20 hours to install on his xbox 360. What the heck is going on? This can’t be right. The games were destiny and call of duty, advanced warfare.

They can take a while, maybe it was downloading an update at the same time which can be several gigabytes in size!

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
It's normal. Annoyingly. Both my Xbox One and X take an age to update or install games. Times seem to improve when I connect them directly into my router.

The base install file on both games is likely considerable without even taking into account the massive update files they've accumulated since release.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

cajun67

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
Both Destiny and CoD are distributed by EA, right?

Do you have any non-EA games to test the download speed?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Both Destiny and CoD are distributed by EA, right?

Do you have any non-EA games to test the download speed?
We just got the new tomb raider but my son installed it and went to bed. So we didn't get to see how long it took.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.