Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Been away from Console gaming for a year or two.
Today I've received XCloud games Invite to try the App.
Though this is specific to Android (I think I have 9 via Sony xa2 -my iphone backup mobile.
Is it worthwhile purchasing an Xbox controller solely for purpose of trying the App.

Thanks in advance, all answers welcome!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200224-162341.png
    Screenshot_20200224-162341.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 268

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I got into the iOS Project xCloud preview and as of right now it only has the Master Chief Collection. I bought an Xbox One controller to try it out. It works pretty well even on cellular. I was actually surprised.

Was it worth the purchase? Probably if I had more games to play, but if I had to do it again, I'd try to find a cheap used controller.

How many games does it have on Android?

Reactions: Donfor39

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
I got into the iOS Project xCloud preview and as of right now it only has the Master Chief Collection. I bought an Xbox One controller to try it out. It works pretty well even on cellular. I was actually surprised.

Was it worth the purchase? Probably if I had more games to play, but if I had to do it again, I'd try to find a cheap used controller.

How many games does it have on Android?

Thanks though I'de like X Series when it's released, I'm not going full cost of xbox wireless controller.
As you advise -e-bay half price effort looks tempting.

Reactions: TopherMan12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.