Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2020
Is it normal that the latest version of the Xcode beta doesn't support the latest version of the iOS beta? Xcode 15 beta 6 includes the SDK for iOS 17.0 (21A5303c) but the latest build of iOS 17.0 is (21A5312c).
I allowed my iPad to upgrade to the latest version of the iOS 17 beta but now apps written with SwiftData crash. Is it standard practice to make sure you have Xcode support before allowing you iDevices to upgrade themselves?

Reactions: ForkHandles

ForkHandles

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
Absolutely having the same problem. App works great on iPad beta 4, my Mac beta 4 but I stupidly installed updates on the iPhone to beta 5 then 6. My App produces SIGBART error, all written in SwiftUI, swiftData and CloudKit!

If you go online to developer.apple sign in then you can download the latest version of the beta. This then allows you to download the latest IOS into Xcode .

Last edited:
Reactions: Greybeard2017

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2020
Absolutely having the same problem. App works great on iPad beta 4, my Mac beta 4 but I stupidly installed updates on the iPhone to beta 5 then 6. My App produces SIGBART error, all written in SwiftUI, swiftData and CloudKit!

If you go online to developer.apple sign in then you can download the latest version of the beta. This then allows you to download the latest IOS into Xcode .
Thanks - yesterday's Xcode beta 7 release has fixed my problems with iPadOS beta 6 and SwiftData - however iPadOS beta 7 is now available - I'm going to hold off letting my iPad upgrade itself and stay with beta 6 so that I can continue development.

ForkHandles

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
Thanks - yesterday's Xcode beta 7 release has fixed my problems with iPadOS beta 6 and SwiftData - however iPadOS beta 7 is now available - I'm going to hold off letting my iPad upgrade itself and stay with beta 6 so that I can continue development.
All working well for me across all platforms will latest betas on each. 15Gb of downloads later that is!!!! As they say, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

Reactions: Greybeard2017
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.