Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GurhanCevik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Hello everyone. I downloaded Xcode from App Store. Then I clicked on the app icon. It stared jumping on the dock menu for 20 seconds. Then nothing happened. Tried to close it and reopen it. But it doesn't respond at all. Tried to download id from the Apple site but nothing changed. Any ideas ?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
What device and OS version are you running?
Xcode is rather big and can take a while to open and first launch can take even longer. There is some chance you just need to be more patient especially if you're on slower, older hardware.

If you're convinced that's not the case, try opening with the Terminal
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

And monitor any output prints

GurhanCevik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Last login: Fri Oct 14 20:27:54 on ttys000

gurhancevik@Gurhann-MacBook-Prosu ~ % /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

objc[1225]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /usr/lib/libamsupport.dylib (0x1e326f838) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x1081142c8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1225]: Class AMSupportURLSession is implemented in both /usr/lib/libamsupport.dylib (0x1e326f888) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x108114318). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1225]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerRestoreInfoHelper is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1e326f650) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x108114598). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1225]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerFirmwareAggregateRequestCreator is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1e326f6a0) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x1081145e8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1225]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerFirmwareRequestCreator is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1e326f6f0) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x108114638). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1225]: Class ATCRTRestoreInfoFTABFile is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1e326f740) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x108114688). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1225]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerFirmwareCopier is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1e326f790) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x1081146d8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1225]: Class ATCRTRestoreInfoFTABSubfile is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1e326f7e0) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x108114728). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hm. Nothing immediately out of the ordinary; Obvious question - have you tried restarting the computer? Try launching from option-clicking the Dock icon (maybe it's shift clicking; I can never remember - one of those will reset state restoration)

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Wow, that is a weird one. Maybe try downloading the beta version to see if it's something they fixed in an upcoming release? This only applies if you joined the Apple Developer Program.

GurhanCevik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Hello again guys, unfortunately I don't have beta membership, and yes I restarted my MacBook, tried to install older version of Xcode. Doesn't work at all. I mean I bought this computer for development and stability. But I disappointed :/

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Hello again guys, unfortunately I don't have beta membership, and yes I restarted my MacBook, tried to install older version of Xcode. Doesn't work at all. I mean I bought this computer for development and stability. But I disappointed :/
Reach out to Apple support. Also, if you intend on developing an app for the App Store you're going to need to join the Apple Developer program eventually.

David oH

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2023
Same here, what do I do???
Can't open xcode

Have you solved it, same issue

Hm. Nothing immediately out of the ordinary; Obvious question - have you tried restarting the computer? Try launching from option-clicking the Dock icon (maybe it's shift clicking; I can never remember - one of those will reset state restoration)
Tried everything 😢

meherdevs

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2023
Hello everyone. I downloaded Xcode from App Store. Then I clicked on the app icon. It stared jumping on the dock menu for 20 seconds. Then nothing happened. Tried to close it and reopen it. But it doesn't respond at all. Tried to download id from the Apple site but nothing changed. Any ideas ?
Doesn't look like an answer has been provided on this! I've been going through the same issues, and I think I found the solution (or a solution for some at least):

I had iCloud sharing enabled for my desktop, which makes your whole desktop synced with the Cloud all the time, so I disabled that feature based on a hypothesis: Xcode and Cloud were trying to both tackle the large files being created at the same time, and it kept causing Xcode to stop responding. Now my Xcode is super fast and everything works with zero crashing.

To Disable Desktop and Folders on the Cloud:

Click the Apple logo on the top left of your screen > System Settings > Yourself > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Turn off Desktop and Documents Folder.

It might take some time for it to unload and such, and if you need some of those Cloud folders back you'll have to copy them from the Cloud to your 'new' desktop potentially. Another perk is that everything on my desktop is faster now, too -- I have a ton of big files and development projects on my desktop, and I hadn't realized it was all that constant Cloud syncing that was mucking up a lot of performance stuff on my M1 MacBook Pro.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.