Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
Hello. I bought an Apple XDR pro display for my windows computer on windows 11. By installing drivers from MacPro 7.1 I was able to connect it with full resolution and 12 bits. But I have several problems that I don't know how to fix. 1. I adjust the brightness using the Nvidia panel and I am sure that this is not the best solution. For some reason, BootCamp is in the tray, but when you click on open the BootCamp panel, it does not open. 2. There are no color profiles accordingly. 3. The screen sometimes flickers either just or in red for a millisecond. I will be glad if you help me solve this

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
You need an updated version of BootCamp, it works correctly and allows you to control the brightness.
I'll try to find the version number.

How did you connect it? I mean USB-C with DP Alt Mode or Thunderbolt?

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
You need an updated version of BootCamp, it works correctly and allows you to control the brightness.

I have a Belkin cable.
What’s version i needed? You can give me link?
Thank you

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
I also used this, but from release I did not build it. Do you recommend doing the assembly or does it not matter? Perhaps there are instructions?
I didn't build the app, I just downloaded the prebuilt release and run it.

Try to update your current Boot Camp via Apple Software Update (it should be installed or install it from Apple's website).

I remember, that BootCamp couldn't open because of improperly configured logical disks, but I didn't fix it by myself, I just updated BC.

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

Try to update your current Boot Camp via Apple Software Update (it should be installed or install it from Apple's website).

I remember, that BootCamp couldn't open because of improperly configured logical disks, but I didn't fix it by myself, I just updated BC.
yes, I ran the update tool that was installed with BootCamp, but it says that I supposedly have the latest version

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

I have a macBook pro, maybe it can help me with something?

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
I have a macBook pro, maybe it can help me with something?
You've installed Windows on it?

I suppose you've used wrong Mac machine model to download BootCamp. Try iMac Intel with the similar hardware as your PC has.

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

I suppose you've used wrong Mac machine model to download BootCamp. Try iMac Intel with the similar hardware as your PC has.
I just don’t know how to choose the right one, I looked at what needed to be downloaded from MacPro 7.1 and downloaded it for it. What do you recommend? I have AMD R9. RTX 2080

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

Now I have tried different variations of Imac, MacBook pro and so on. Anyway, when I click on BootCamp Control Panel, it just asks to run as administrator, I confirm and then nothing happens. But BootCamp still works in the tray

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Now I have tried different variations of Imac, MacBook pro and so on. Anyway, when I click on BootCamp Control Panel, it just asks to run as administrator, I confirm and then nothing happens. But BootCamp still works in the tray
Ok, maybe this will help you:
- Create an empty text file
- Add the following line to it:

Bash:
C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /trustlevel:0x20000 AppleControlPanel.exe

- Save it with name "display.bat" on Desktop

1705171801013.png

- Right click on it and "Run as Administrator"

1705171847967.png

It should open BootCamp Control Panel with display and keyboard controls.

1705171890262.png

Hope it would work for you.

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

Bash:

View attachment 2336055

View attachment 2336056

View attachment 2336057

Thanks for the instructions, but unfortunately it didn't help.(

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

Bash:

View attachment 2336055

View attachment 2336056

View attachment 2336057

I found a way to enable BootCamp, but there are no monitor settings there, all it says is "No supported external monitors are connected"

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
I found a way to enable BootCamp, but there are no monitor settings there, all it says is "No supported external monitors are connected"
It seems your Belkin cable does not work properly. Check device manager, you should see there Apple Pro Display XDR USB Composite Device under USB Controllers:

1705264424474.png

If it's not present, then try to use other USB ports with Belkin cable.
If there's an unknown device, try to install drivers manually and use bootcamp distribution folder for searching.

---

Also, I checked the distribution file I used to install BootCamp: this is BootCamp-061-97204, it seems the supported mac model here is iMacPro1,1, iMac19,1, iMac19,2, iMac18,2, iMac18,3
Try to uninstall BootCamp completely and use one of these model numbers to download the right distribution file. Also, there's Apple Software Update installation package, install it too, update it and then update BootCamp. 6.1.7866 version is really outdated, maybe that's the reason you can't use it.

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024

could it be that I insert it anywhere, but not into Usb 3.2 gen 2? is this necessary?

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
It seems your Belkin cable does not work properly. Check device manager, you should see there Apple Pro Display XDR USB Composite Device under USB Controllers:

View attachment 2336549

If it's not present, then try to use other USB ports with Belkin cable.
If there's an unknown device, try to install drivers manually and use bootcamp distribution folder for searching.

---

Also, I checked the distribution file I used to install BootCamp: this is BootCamp-061-97204, it seems the supported mac model here is iMacPro1,1, iMac19,1, iMac19,2, iMac18,2, iMac18,3
Try to uninstall BootCamp completely and use one of these model numbers to download the right distribution file. Also, there's Apple Software Update installation package, install it too, update it and then update BootCamp. 6.1.7866 version is really outdated, maybe that's the reason you can't use it.
I don’t know what to do anymore.. Starting this device is impossible. (Code 10)

The USB device descriptor request failed.

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
I don’t know what to do anymore.. Starting this device is impossible. (Code 10)

The USB device descriptor request failed.
It seems your belkin cable is damaged or computer's USB port, or is even worse the problem is with TB3 port of XDR. You should check all the connectors using a microscope - all contacts must be intact, not bended or blackened. Maybe it's just a common problem with USB devices on your computer.

Also try to install the driver from BootCamp distribution folder as I mentioned before. Try a different cable / different computer (your mbp maybe?) if possible.

Alexivai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
It seems your belkin cable is damaged or computer's USB port, or is even worse the problem is with TB3 port of XDR. You should check all the connectors using a microscope - all contacts must be intact, not bended or blackened. Maybe it's just a common problem with USB devices on your computer.

Also try to install the driver from BootCamp distribution folder as I mentioned before. Try a different cable / different computer (your mbp maybe?) if possible.
The fact is that my XDR shows the image, as I said, in full resolution, 12 bits and so on. I installed the drivers manually, but this did not give any results; the problem still appears when connecting USB (one of the cables). I tried inserting it into different ports, it didn't help. All ports and cable look absolutely intact. I don't know what else I can think of.

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
The fact is that my XDR shows the image, as I said, in full resolution, 12 bits and so on. I installed the drivers manually, but this did not give any results; the problem still appears when connecting USB (one of the cables). I tried inserting it into different ports, it didn't help. All ports and cable look absolutely intact. I don't know what else I can think of.
Well, try to find another cable or other ways to connect, any of these:

Also find another computer with USB-C ports and use a standard 10gbps USB-C cable to eliminate XDR as a suspect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.