Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fred98tj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Central Luzon, Philippines
Anyone know the “secret” to transferring sms text from an iPhone to an Android phone ?
im not finding much good information. Transferring everything else is easy, however the text msgs are proving problematic, at least to me.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Anyone know the “secret” to transferring sms text from an iPhone to an Android phone ?
im not finding much good information. Transferring everything else is easy, however the text msgs are proving problematic, at least to me.
I used whatever transfer app that Google has on my Pixel 3a XL. That happened when I was setting it up.

Maybe there's some sort of transfer app with your phone?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
You are missing my point. I want to copy all existing 650 sms text messages that are on my iphone to an android phone. I’m aware of how to de register from iMessages after I completely switch over.
Samsung phones come with SmartSwitch that will copy from an iphone to android, and Google has their own built in method as well.

What phone are you trying to transfer to?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I didn’t find the Samsung smart switch in the Apple store, however I solved my problem. Android has an app called iSMS2DROID that worked perfectly.
Thanks all.
Smart switch is a samsung app that connects to the iphone, you don't need an ios app for it to work. It treats the iPhone like a computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.