Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
So Xfinity Mobile has been a bit of a disaster this year. No shipping email. I got the phone today but their system still thinks it didn't ship. I can't activate the phone despite having it in my hands. I chatted with them and they said I have to wait 2 days for the system to update. I think this will be my last year with Xfinity mobile. It's a great price but they just don't have a good system together.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 3.35.25 PM copy.jpg

Last edited:

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Can you try a new chat and just mention you just need a QR code for an eSIM? Sometimes playing rep roulette helps.

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Can you try a new chat and just mention you just need a QR code for an eSIM? Sometimes playing rep roulette helps.
So I actually was able to do the transfer from within iOS. It failed during the transfer phone part so I did the transfer of my phone then once in iOS I was able to activate. I just had to login to Xfinity mobile's website. The website still has this new device greyed out.

wtjham

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
TN
Could you tell me how you did it? Ours came in today and only my wife’s phone can be activated now because it looks like mine hasn’t shipped (even though it’s here!). How can I trick the system?

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
So I actually was able to do the transfer from within iOS. It failed during the transfer phone part so I did the transfer of my phone then once in iOS I was able to activate. I just had to login to Xfinity mobile's website. The website still has this new device greyed out.

Happened to me with At&t, transfer kept failing, finally worked. Probably launch day issues activating, not necessarily the carrier.

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Could you tell me how you did it? Ours came in today and only my wife’s phone can be activated now because it looks like mine hasn’t shipped (even though it’s here!). How can I trick the system?
Sorry I didn't see this reply. I did it all through iOS and didn't even mess with xfinity mobile app or website because the phone wasn't on there yet really. You just do a transfer from another device and as part of that process you can transfer the number from the phone. After the transfer completely finished I had to go into the cellular section and finish the https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212780#:~:text=On your iPhone, go to,by scanning a QR code.

I believe it's called eSim Quick Transfer

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010
I bought mine outright from Apple. I was using a 12 mini with a physical SIM and so, there was no need or option to transfer the existing Xfinity SIM. I just logged on to Xfinity's website, went to devices, selected change device and it was pretty swift and straightforward from there on. Although I expected this process to be a nightmare, I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth the whole process was with Xfinity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.