Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deviram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2023
Hi everybody!

I got my iPhone 14 pro unlocked from the Apple Store in UK. It has a physical sim tray and an eSIM. I used foreign SIM cards on it without issue, and in the US I used a prepaid card from H2O without issue as well. Now I want to switch to Xfinity but when I put my IMEI number, it says that the phone is incompatible. Customer support don’t know what’s going on. Has anyone gone through this? If yes please let me know how to solve it!

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
I suspect that Xfinity never supported physical sims for iPhone 14 as those phones sold in the U.S. do not have sim trays. So Xfinity decided to not support the phones. Just a guess on my part.

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
It'll work, they just don't have foreign IMEIs in their system to check, so it just defaults to not compatible.

We used Xfinity on our exchange student's iPhone, from Brazil, a couple years ago and it did the same thing.

Deviram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2023
I suspect that Xfinity never supported physical sims for iPhone 14 as those phones sold in the U.S. do not have sim trays. So Xfinity decided to not support the phones. Just a guess on my part.
Thanks. I also tried the eSIM IMEI and that still didn’t work!

Deviram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2023
It'll work, they just don't have foreign IMEIs in their system to check, so it just defaults to not compatible.

We used Xfinity on our exchange student's iPhone, from Brazil, a couple years ago and it did the same thing.
Thanks, This might be it!
Did you just call them and say do it anyway?

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
I don't think so? I'm pretty sure I used some random IEMI, maybe from my old phone, got the sim and just put it in her phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.