Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrew nz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
Christchurch new zealand
Hello fellow mac users.

I am in the process of setting up Xgrid and am seeking advice how to achieve it.

I believe Xgrid began under PPC environment and Server 10.4, although according to some information, Server 10.4 is not necessary.

I suspect there would not be copyright infringement if the required software was posted here for download as I understand Apple no longer support it.

What i am seeking , is any software including 10.4 server and Xgrid version to be utilised by PPC perhaps, or maybe later version of mac os with intel architecture.

As well, I hope for the advice of those who use Xgrid who would wish to distribute their advice and knowledge.

My intention is firstly experimental, to understand and use it on a small network of obsolete macs which I own and then use that to cooperatively support my own data crunching and rather small render farm.

Please advise.

Flint Ironstag

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2013
Houston, TX USA
Google how to find old versions of MacOS or OS X on the app store. I think Lifehacker, MacWorld, etc. have all written articles on it.

Find out which was the last version for your hardware to have Xgrid (wikipedia probably, or Apple), find it on the app store, and go to town.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.