Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
I've been using a Redmi Note 10 Pro for the last couple of years. Previously had a Pixel and before that an iPhone.

What I like about it:
- Amazing value. It was something like $200 new and well I'll just link you the specs here.
- Headphone jack. Much preferred to using a clumsy dongle.
- Dual SIM, useful when I was travelling.
- Full gesture control without the annoying ever present bottom bar like on the Pixel.
- Generally been rock solid and about as bug free as the Pixel and iPhone.
- The value, can't get over the fact this was $200.

What I don't like:
- Lately has developed a bit of a bug where the screen won't turn on until about 10 seconds after pressing the power button. This happens only about once a week however and might be because I work in construction and the phone gets covered in dust.
- SoC could be a bit more powerful. I can still comfortable play games at low/med settings at 60fps. Might be a bit harsh considering it was $200 though.
- Support could be longer, I think it'll end fairly soon.

Looking now, I think the Poco F5 looks like an amazing deal. The Xiaomis are approaching Samsung/Pixel prices where you can get longer support. I think the real value lies in Xiaomi's budget brands like Redmi and Poco.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.