Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Has anyone got experience of using one of the Xiaomi Smart Tags - which claim compatibility with Apple's Find My - in the real world? At £6.34 (plus vat plus shipping if order is less than £8), they appear to be very good value.

For my current purposes, I'm not concerned if they are not quite as good - for example, a little less accurate, or slightly shorter range.

I'm well aware there are multiple products from Xiaomi and others which do NOT work with Apple's Find My (and are generally cheaper).

1711710961136.png

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Looks like a fake product as Xiaomi doesn’t sell such a tag on their official site. There are a surprising number of fake overseas products that use the Mi branding but have nothing to do with the company.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Looks like a fake product as Xiaomi doesn’t sell such a tag on their official site. There are a surprising number of fake overseas products that use the Mi branding but have nothing to do with the company.

I've found Xiaomi/Mi branding a total nmightmare to navigate. But at least sometimes the product has filtered thorugh to their UK store.

And they are on the MIOT site for sale to UK:

But I should have said I wanted to know if they are bona fide as well as whether they work.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
And they are on the MIOT site for sale to UK:

But I should have said I wanted to know if they are bona fide as well as whether they work.

Definitely not a real Xiaomi product. It's a typical generic tag from AliExpress.

Reactions: polyphenol
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.