Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007

can sideload with TrollStore

Can't believe its actually out, an iOS 15 non-checkra1n jailbreak!

Warning that its not for JB novices, and is supposed to be for developers only, but...

This supports XS/XR up to 13/13 Pro and >A11 up to M1 iPads.

Here's an iDB article about it too:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: addamas

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Update- I tried it (for science) on my 2nd generation iPhone SE and it works

Would still very much recommend waiting to use it on your daily driver though if considering it for that. Let it be tested out and out of beta, etc. and for a lot more tweaks to be updated and compatible and to work with your device since some devices may have issues others don’t , etc etc

After such a long wait, no point in messing it up and being forced to update to IOS 16 (imo)

Hopefully iOS 16 cycle wont take as long / will come, but I am still very doubtful of that any time soon

IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: max2

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Got it installed on my 13 Pro 15.1.1
Hopefully tweaks get updated and final release done soon. No major issues so far. Main one I am waiting for is Springtomize.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Got it installed on my 13 Pro 15.1.1
Hopefully tweaks get updated and final release done soon. No major issues so far. Main one I am waiting for is Springtomize.

Bet it feels nice to get that device’s first JB finally!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I've had my 12 Pro on 14.3JB so haven't missed out, the 13 Pro was sitting the drawer waiting for a new JB lol

I never understood keeping a brand new product in the drawer, id still use it stock in the interim just not upgrade the iOS version while doing so...

but thats me :p cant fault someone who prioritizes having a JB even older device, to not at all.. There was a time I think I was in a similar boat.

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
I never understood keeping a brand new product in the drawer, id still use it stock in the interim just not upgrade the iOS version while doing so...

but thats me :p cant fault someone who prioritizes having a JB even older device, to not at all.. There was a time I think I was in a similar boat.

I hate stock IOS, I need to have it my way, since I have been jailbreaking from the 3GS days. My 12 Pro has been fine and probably will be more afew more years. I will wait until there is a stable version of XinaA15 and tweaks I use are updated before daily drving the 13 Pro.

Reactions: thadoggfather

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I hate stock IOS, I need to have it my way, since I have been jailbreaking from the 3GS days. My 12 Pro has been fine and probably will be more afew more years. I will wait until there is a stable version of XinaA15 and tweaks I use are updated before daily drving the 13 Pro.

Totally fair on both accounts!

I kinda miss my 12 pro on 14.1 , upgrading to 15.1 and being stock for the year was a fool's errand. DelayOTA window closing got the best of me.

It's fine though on my SE2 and M1 iPad Pro (to have moved to 15.1)

I guess in a sense, stock 12 pro prepped me for the 14 Pro max 'drought' stock but will be staying 16.1 indefinitely for battery life and kernel rw prospects and hope something comes of it.

Perhaps will wisen up again, but I guess depends if the scene becomes prolific again or if its gonna be half dead still for a while

Last edited:
Reactions: adonis3k

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
My M1 ipad pro is on ios 16, jb take too long these days and using altstore made my decision to stay stock fw easier since I just want emulators like dolphin on the device

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
My M1 ipad pro is on ios 16, jb take too long these days and using altstore made my decision to stay stock fw easier since I just want emulators like dolphin on the device

I can understand that

It’s been pretty unstable on my se2020 tbh with random reboots every day or two but rock solid on m1 ipad for weeks now

I just think iOS 16 looks eh on iPad in general so no rush and staying on 15.1 for that and troll store permanent signing perks

Glad I got my mini 5 on iOS 14.3 with taurine-permanent

Never updating it from there

—-

Just got cowabunga ipa which isn’t a jb but some random tweaks part of a ram bug on 16.0-16.1.2 from dirtymadcow exploit

Remove Home bar, de blur app switcher, and AirPower charge sound

Pretty nifty to spruce up 14 pro max even if just a little

Reactions: max2 and Carlanga
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.