Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Anyone know if XM is developing a application for the iPhone? I know there is the uXM but it requires a jail break phone and I am getting a new 3g.

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Should be free if you have an XM account. I would love to get O&A on my iPhone without having to carry around my xm radio.

This is not true if its the link he posted above. The reason why I say that is because I've got the same service (or demoed) it on my Blackberry and they wanted to charge me more on top of what I pay. I complained and was told it was not XM but a 3rd party company who is licensed to stream out the audio and your paying for that even if your a current XM customer.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Download the FREE Pandora App and then you won't give a rat's patoot about paying $13/month for Sirius or XM.

touchyphone

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
Download the FREE Pandora App and then you won't give a rat's patoot about paying $13/month for Sirius or XM.

Sirius and XM are more than just music my friend, they have content galore, plus Sirius has Howard and The NFL Channel, plz..Pandora...pffff, let me wipe the dirt off my shoulder, XM and Sirius FTW! For ten cents a day I'll take XM and Sirius( as I do now) anyday!...Pandora can bite me and the rest of the combined 20 million Sat Radio Subscribers...

bvolt3000

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
theres no reason XM cant make their own app, charge a minimal fee, and put it on iphone
but logic doesnt always win out, does it?

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Sirius Rocks. I hope there will be an app that can play the sirius stations like it does on my laptop now. That way I can listen to Derek & Romaine in the evenings :)

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Sirius and XM are more than just music my friend, they have content galore, plus Sirius has Howard and The NFL Channel, plz..Pandora...pffff, let me wipe the dirt off my shoulder, XM and Sirius FTW! For ten cents a day I'll take XM and Sirius( as I do now) anyday!...Pandora can bite me and the rest of the combined 20 million Sat Radio Subscribers...

Combine Pandora and AOL Radio, both free apps and you have quite a bit of content, including sports and a lot of other stuff.

Not saying it is better or worse than satellite, just saying it is a pretty awesome collection of content to play on the iPhone for people who like to listen to a myriad of things on the radio.

touchyphone

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
Combine Pandora and AOL Radio, both free apps and you have quite a bit of content, including sports and a lot of other stuff.

Not saying it is better or worse than satellite, just saying it is a pretty awesome collection of content to play on the iPhone for people who like to listen to a myriad of things on the radio.

Yeah but between XM and Sirius I have about 300+ channels to search myself, plus numerous other advantages, you cant compare IMO

lgivens

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2000
AOL Radio for iPhone

Anyone know if XM is developing a application for the iPhone? I know there is the uXM but it requires a jail break phone and I am getting a new 3g.

You can always try AOL Radio for iPhone. We have over 350+ stations and we include talk and news stations from across the U.S. The app won the 2008 Apple Design Award for best iPhone Entertainment application.

All of our apps are available via iTunes or iPhone App Store.

Check it out...
AOL Radio for iPhone

AOL iPhone Apps

Mac@AOL blog

thanks...
Lee Givens
AOL Mac Product Lead
http://macblog.aol.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.