Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
One of my computer science courses is using Altova's XMLSpy for working with XML/CSS/XSL/DTD etc. There is a free home edition of XMLSpy, but it is Windows only. I'm looking for a Mac OS X alternative (preferably free).

dshoemake

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2005
Java-based XML Editor

You might try Exchanger XML Editor. It's not free, but I think it's well worth the cost.

stoid said:
One of my computer science courses is using Altova's XMLSpy for working with XML/CSS/XSL/DTD etc. There is a free home edition of XMLSpy, but it is Windows only. I'm looking for a Mac OS X alternative (preferably free).

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
stoid said:

I'm an expert in XML/XSLT/DTD, use them everyday in my job. I would say unless you are going to be using the XSLT profiling features of XML Spy, you don't really need it. A simple text editor will serve you just fine.

Cladonia

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2005
Free XML Editor suitable for Mac OS X

Cladonia Limited, the makers of Exchanger XML Editor, now have a free xml editor for use in a non-commercial environment called Exchanger XML Lite. This can be downloaded without registration and starting the XML Editor for the first time you will be prompted with a license agreement that only allows the use of the Exchanger XML Lite edition in non-commercial environments.

Please visit our website for more information http://www.freexmleditor.com

Alternatively, if you require a commercial license, or would like to try out the Grid or XML Diff/Merge functionality, then download the Exchanger XML Professional edition from http://www.exchangerxml.com and register for a 30-day trial license.

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
Thanks. I too have wanted to get a full-featured XML development/management tool that runs on my Powerbook, and XML Exchanger looks like a great package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.