Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xinxin

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
HI,

is there any particular reason that apple doesn't want these two situation happen?

I mean,

Any reason they might not want OS X run on all PCs, and any reason they might not want XP run on apple hardwares?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Actually XP on Mactel is quite likely to happen, won't be supported by Apple -- because that type of phone support is quite costly.

Likely Apple will work closely with MS to make sure it happens, and any Windows support needed will be paid for by the user.

---

OS X on all PCs means Apple is competing directly with MS, and that is a deadly place to be.

As long as Apple tries to make sure it doesn't happen, MS will likely not lob the nuclear lawyer on Apple.

---

If you want OS X, buy a Mac ...

If you like the Mactels, buy a Mac and run Windows.

Apple will increase their sales base and become one of the fastest growing PC makers soon, but not bear any costs associated with supporting Windows.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I'm hoping Apple develops a version of WINE for Mactel and builds it into the OS. Imagine being able to run most Windows applications on the Mac...

If Apple doesn't do it, I bet somebody else does eventually,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.