Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Another stupid decision from Sony.
People moan at Google for some of their decisions, but Sony deserves more negative press.
I mean, why release an XZ2 Premium only last month with 2 rear cameras that have decent low light performance, and then bring out another flagship (their third this year) and go back to the single lens.

I mean, what the hellllll Sony.

It's a shame as well, as I imagine the screen will be incredible, and I quite like the new design language.
But. No.

Reactions: co.ag.2005

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Another stupid decision from Sony.
People moan at Google for some of their decisions, but Sony deserves more negative press.
I mean, why release an XZ2 Premium only last month with 2 rear cameras that have decent low light performance, and then bring out another flagship (their third this year) and go back to the single lens.

I mean, what the hellllll Sony.

It's a shame as well, as I imagine the screen will be incredible, and I quite like the new design language.
But. No.
Probably that means Sony is reserving dual cameras for the Permium line, which means XZ3 Premium would be the one getting it.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Good looking product, insufficient RAM, and a high price tag means it's a no go for me.

chooyoshi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2018
Good looking product, insufficient RAM, and a high price tag means it's a no go for me.

4gb of Ram is good enough for Sony Phones given the light skin. This year's iPhones are all going to use 4gb ram Max... should not be a problem.

High price tag? Will depend on the region as well. Sony actually priced their xz2 premium noticeably lower in some regions than others. And the iPhones are probably not going to be as cheap as the xz3, plus don't forget microsd

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
4gb of Ram is good enough for Sony Phones given the light skin. This year's iPhones are all going to use 4gb ram Max... should not be a problem.

High price tag? Will depend on the region as well. Sony actually priced their xz2 premium noticeably lower in some regions than others. And the iPhones are probably not going to be as cheap as the xz3, plus don't forget microsd

MKBHD felt 4gb RAM wasn't enough for his Pixel 2 usage. Others have chimed in saying their Pixel 2s have lagged too.

$900 USD for the XZ3 is too much imo. If I am paying that much, I rather get the iPhone XS.

As of now, I am prepared to spend $300 or so after trading in my 8+ towards the iPhone 9 since it is pretty much a more affordable iPhone X like device.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007

Sony's problem has always been shipping dates.
Sony always announced new Xperia before Samsung and Apple announced their flagships, but shipped the Xperia AFTER Samsung and Apple shipped their flagships. It's incredibly stupid. I mean look at this XZ3 now. The Note 9 is already out, and Apple is going to release a new iPhone in September. Who's going to care about Sony by September? And by the time Sony ramps up their production in volume, Samsung is ready with a new Galaxy S. That's Sony's problem. They are simply unable to time things right.

Reactions: Aneres11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.