Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
One tech call today to Asus Helpline from Xs.

Is there any reason as to why I didn't hear DTMF tones when using keypad to choose IVR options.
E.g. press 1 -I pressed 1 -could not hear tone therefore couldn't choose correct option.
When I chose iphone rather than AirPods then I could select and hear DTMF tones and be passed to correct option.

Is there something I have missed as I don't think I had this prob with previous iPhones.
Thanks In Advance

Please delete this thread as I since called o2 and DTMF tones were working correctly.
Only assumption is Asus lines could have been inundated with calls when I placed my call.

Last edited:

shimpster

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2018
I have noticed that with my airpods, when I touch dial I hear the first DTMF tone, but then it reduces the volume immediately for the rest of the DTMF tone. Same thing happens when I am wearing them and I get an amber alert it starts loud for a quick second and then lowers the volume

Reactions: Donfor39

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
I have noticed that with my airpods, when I touch dial I hear the first DTMF tone, but then it reduces the volume immediately for the rest of the DTMF tone. Same thing happens when I am wearing them and I get an amber alert it starts loud for a quick second and then lowers the volume

I had the original dial pad when call was answered, then as ivr continued in loop Xs eventually went slightly darker when I could hear DTMF tones, by that time the call had disconnected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.