Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaBossIsHere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Hello,

Not sure if I am over worrying but my iPhone XS Max that I got in February has now fallen to 99% battery health. My friend’s XS Max, that we bought together, is still at 100% health, albeit, I use the phone heavier than him.

What do you think.. am I over worrying? Will this loss of 1% really make a difference in battery life or not?

Thanks!

darkeos

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

Not sure if I am over worrying but my iPhone XS Max that I got in February has now fallen to 99% battery health. My friend’s XS Max, that we bought together, is still at 100% health, albeit, I use the phone heavier than him.

What do you think.. am I over worrying? Will this loss of 1% really make a difference in battery life or not?

Thanks!

Really??? Oh!!!!!! It’s a bad sign, please, turn it off and place your mobile inside a box for the next 6 months, then you can turn in on again and said, hey 12 months with 99% of battery!!!

Doesn’t matter, 1%.... 2%...... I think you should be worried of how you could use more your device and all device functionalities ( video, internet, games, etc ), have fun with your phone and if you detect something rare in future, please go to an apple store.

But 1% of battery in 6 months is ridiculous and remember your battery is going to dead... soon or late but is going to dead, it’s life.

Good luck and have fun.

Last edited:

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
My XS is at 91% after 10 months. I suspect it's the thick case trapping heat and the fast charger I use. But I'm not worried. It's such an expensive phone that it needs major protection. I'm facing a battery replacement in about a year's time but it's not a big deal. Batteries are consumables.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Yes, I know how you feel.. seem that not all iPhone batteries are of same quality...

It also seems that not everyone is living in the same geographical region, has the same outside temperature, usage needs and charging habits. Combine that insight with the fact that batteries are a chemical reaction in a package and you get the idea that not everything is directly comparable.

Reactions: DaBossIsHere

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Yea I think mine actually was 99 right off the bat and is still at 97 after almost a year.

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017
Do you all use the standard 5W charger that comes in the box with the phone? They go easy on the battery so that may be a factor in your high scores?

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
My 8 Plus is at 84% after 2 years. I haven’t used it much in over a year since it was using another phone, so yeah. I think I actually got a bad battery but never replaced it when it was cheap/under warranty. Still seems to be OK for battery life though, gets me through the day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.