Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

06asdfghjklq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2021
Hi.

I bought my dad an iPhone XS Max a couple of months back from the used market. When typing fast, the screen does not respond very well. I have an iPhone X and the typing and touching response of the XS Max has really been different compared to the X. I attached a video so you guys can see.

Also, the face ID is not working but I did the test where I got in a dark room and pointed a flashlight in the front camera part and enabled auto-brightness. Auto brightness works but not the face ID. software is updated to the latest version of iOS.

Do I need to replace the screen? or are there other diagnoses for the problem? Can I get these (screen response and face id) to work normally again?

I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I've had old iPhones in the past behave like that with slow typing input. I could easily out type the display. Really aggravating.

In all cases the problem was related to a software update that didn't play nice with the phone. The processor was busy doing something else while typing

Reactions: 06asdfghjklq
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.