Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lobstr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Hello

I just upgrade from the iPhone 7+ to the iPhone Xs Max.
I know that the iPhone 7+ had an IPS screen and the iPhone Xs Max an OLED screen.
Is it normal for the interface elements on the screen to look a little bit like in depth, like in 3 dimensions ?
It's light as a sensation but I think it's different from my previous iPhone.
For exemple, when I use the notification center I feel like I have an impression of relief.
Is that due to OLED technology?
I specify that I do not suffer from visual fatigue because of the PWM or something else.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I'm not seeing it. I have only had my phone for half a day though (starting last night). Doesn't feel 3 dimensional to me. Sure does look REALLY nice. I remember my Note 3's screen and how cartoony and not-sharp it looked.

I spend HOURS reading on my phone as I read a lot and consume all my media usually on my phone. So far I've been really happy with it, especially at night. Not having a backlight blast me in the eyes has been really nice. The text is very readable, night shift + True Tone at night is amazing. Absolutely pleasant to spend hours reading.

Coming from the 8+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.