Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elephantstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
As the title suggests really - I'm due an upgrade and I certainly want the camera benefit that the Pro Max can provide, so it's time for an upgrade regardless. The big question is, to which model?

Of course the 13 Pro Max is coming in at £1,049 for now, but I'm starting to see the 12 Pro Max popping up in places at around £849. Now I'm not sure how much that will drop across the board once the 13 Pro Max is out, but I'm intrigued to hear what people think of the cost/benefit here between the 2 options.

Also a side note, I think I read that the 13 Pro Max is coming with Dual eSIM support - does the 12 Pro Max not support that? I may be moving to a new country soon so this could be beneficial.

Thanks all

ecatomb

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2021
France
You can try compare tools :

Battery and ProMotion 120Hz are the main difference
No dual eSIM for the 12 Pro

Reactions: elephantstone

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I am moving from a XS Max to a 13 Pro Max. I can probably go one more year but I am really loving the Sierra Blue. All the new features compared to my current phone, make it a worthy update for me.

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
I was recently faced with that same decision... I ultimately went with the 12 pro max for a couple of reasons. First, it was already available to purchase without any wait time or having to deal with the pre-order process which historically (for me anyway) has always been a less than desirable experience.

The second thing was the overall upgrades from the 12 pro to the 13 pro. With all the leaks coming out prior to the event, I didn't see anything that was a major wow factor outside of the 120hz screen which for me wasn't a must have one way or the other.

elephantstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
I was recently faced with that same decision... I ultimately went with the 12 pro max for a couple of reasons. First, it was already available to purchase without any wait time or having to deal with the pre-order process which historically (for me anyway) has always been a less than desirable experience.

The second thing was the overall upgrades from the 12 pro to the 13 pro. With all the leaks coming out prior to the event, I didn't see anything that was a major wow factor outside of the 120hz screen which for me wasn't a must have one way or the other.
Fair enough mate, did you manage to get a discount on it at all or did you buy it ahead of the announcement? It's basically the price trade off which is causing my uncertainty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.