Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarylarry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2019
I’m still rocking an XS Max from 2018, and I’m on the fence about upgrading.

It’s in pristine condition cosmetically. It can be slightly laggy here and there, but performance is still quite good for my uses. Biggest issue is the battery, but I can live with it, and I’m never in a situation where I’m away from a charge long enough for it to drain to 0.

Was absolutely intending to trade in and upgrade this year via AT&T, but it seems like I’ll get little to nothing in trade-in value, so I don’t have a ton of enticement, and I was kind of underwhelmed by the keynote. I use a dedicated camera for most photos, and rarely use the phone camera for anything beyond quick snaps. The camera is the biggest upgrade I see, though. Am I missing some compelling reason to upgrade, or should I wait one more year (or my XS max is no longer supported)?

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
the xs max is good at least till 2025. i'm thinking of holding off. my battery is 84% still. even if i have to replace the battery i may hold out. this phone is perfectly serviceable still.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
I would say if you could do a battery do that. The XS Max is still a great phone for many yrs..

James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.