Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisp1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2017
Hi folks, my 6s is soon going replaced. Currently i have within my budget the new 11 (759 euros) or last years XS for 699,.

any input which one you would get and why. Thanks

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
XS if you want OLED. 11 if you want the latest and greatest.
Whilst the 11 is newer it's not the latest and greatest! That's the Pro models.

Yes the 11 is newer than the XS but it not as cut and shut as that. The XS is still a great phone even a year on. There are a number of differences that could influence your choice.

Firstly you need to decide on whether you are prepared to have a considerably bigger phone? The 11 is a bigger heavier phone than the XS, the XS is much closer in size to your 6S.

Do you want OLED(XS) or LCD(11)? Do you know the difference? Is battery life a major concern for you or has the 6s served your needs well? The 11's battery is a champ. Do you want or need a wide angle camera(11) or would you prefer a telephoto(XS)for portrait shots?

IMO the processor shouldn't be a deciding factor, they are both beasts, more than most will ever need in a phone.

That's a good start for you to have a think on.

Last edited:

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
Hi folks, my 6s is soon going replaced. Currently i have within my budget the new 11 (759 euros) or last years XS for 699,.

It is quite personal.
XS is better for the display, the dimensions and the “premium feeling”.
11 is better in mostly everything else, especially battery life and camera in less-than-ideal conditions.

What is most important to you?

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
The 11 is a better choice for me. Hardly more in price, and I think the XS is still too much for being last years model. Whichever size you prefer as well

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
I too upgrade to Xs from a 6s. I chose the Xs because of the it was smaller/lighter than the 11/XR and also had a screen that I liked. I tend to keep my phones caseless, so size was a big factor.

Aki Kawasaki

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2020

I was using my 6s nearly 3 years and I cant say a bad word for that phone. Recently I bought an iPhone 11 and I can say that im really impressed. I know that is a big change from 6s to 11 but i wont regret for that upgrade, I think its worth and i would say you should go for iPhone 11

Chrisp1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2017
….in case anyone wondered, life got complicated, so i held on to the 6sand today while all the world is excited about the Ipgone 13, i finally upgraded to the XS refurbed for 320 euro. I am over the moon asit is amassive upgrade and ( for me) affordable :)

IsaacM

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
11 will last you longer because of better CPU and has a bigger screen and better battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.