Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
So, now that iPhone has the band 71 for T-Mobile LR LTE, and dual SIM capabilities, the iPhone is truly a worldphone.

No longer will I have to carry two phones around. I can pop in a SIM, and my original iCloud Account should work just fine. In the past, with the iPhone, had to lose iMessages and FaceTime with original phone number. I really hope Apple just has this working, the way I hope it’s implemented.

For example, will iMessages have two accounts? And FaceTime work on the second SIM number also? Will I be able to select which SIM/iCloud account to use by default for Data and iMessages? Will it just work?

This is the only reason I will be upgrading and something Apple should have implemented years ago to work worldwide. All over the world local people have two SIMs because they have multiple carriers and each one can only call that carrier’s phone numbers cheaply. It’s not like the States.

Who else is a World Traveler and believes this is reason to buy these iPhones and wonder how clueless Apple was for years to not have this necessary feature?

What are your primary reasons for upgrading? Is the Dual SIM important to you? Shouldn’t Apple advertise this more? The A12 Bionic and Dual SIM were the two reasons people should upgrade and Apple didn’t make a big deal out of it. If over half the iPhones are sold internationally, why did it take Apple so long?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.