Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wylie78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hi,

I have an Xserve RAID and I want to connect it to a PowerEdge 1950 III running Windows Server 2012 R2. Does anyone know if the Mellanox ConnectX-2 Single-Port SFP+ 10GBE Network Card (MNPA19-XTR) will work with the Xserve RAID?

I have connected the two with an Apple SFP cable and the PowerEdge has installed the driver for the card, but the Xserve RAID says Link Down in RAID Admin and the PowerEdge doesn't show any drives connected.

I would really appreciate any help you guys could give me with this and would be happy to give you more information if it could help.

Thanks!
Wylie

jamall

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2003
Canberra, Australia
Sorry I've got no experience with Mellanox fibre channel gear. Ive connected several Dell servers to Xserve RAIDs using Q-Logic and LSI cards and they've always just worked right off the bat. Is your instance of RAID Admin on the Dell that's connected to the Xserve RAID or is it running on another computer on the network? If you post screenshots of each of the tabs in RAID Admin so we can see your setup it might be a bit easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.