Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I’ll keep this short, coming from 1 year usage on the Samsung S8+ which is 6.2” in size the iPhone XsMAX feels significantly heavier and I really enjoy Not having the curved edges of the Samsung display which would register anyway you held it.
I am sad at losing the Vibrant over the top colors of the S8+ but I am noticing how more accurate the XsMAX is and much brighter as well.
I will miss the LOUD keyboard sounds and Vibration of the S8+ when typing.
What good is having a Taptic Engine or Dual Speakers, if your keys don’t vibrate or softly sound when typing.

Also, it’s not loaded up with 10 or so Junk Carrier Programs that Android phones are on Sprint.

Lastly. Call Quality and Reception. The XsMAX has signal and Data even with 1 bar. You can make calls and have full data access in parts of town or in stores. The S8+ just can’t. Same network same plan on Sprint.

(PS I need a keyboard that sounds louder and vibrates any suggestions)

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Did you check in Settings>Sounds & Haptics>Keyboard Clicks to make sure it is turned on?

Yes, I just wish keyboard sounds were louder
On the iPad Pro theres an option called Sound Effects which is separate
When I’m typing on my XsMAX and I hit volume Up I only get a Ringer or Volume screen overlay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.