Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IDMah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Hey all.

I haven't been around in a long time but thought I'd ask if anyone else is getting this.
About two weeks ago my iphone 6s battery started draining a lot faster than normal. I loose about 10% per hour even when the screen is off. Had the battery replace a year ago via Apple Replacement "deal"

Turned off all background app refresh, checked Batter usage.
Health is 89%
Apps.
Notes is eating 40%
Messages 19%
No Cell Coverage 10%

I'm having to recharge several times a day.
I really don't want to live on airplane mode / turns my phone into an iPod.. Hahaha!

***Also noticed in Battery setting screen OFF time is 3 mins and ON is 42 mins.

Any ideas???

Last edited:

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
As an experiment one night, quit all open apps, turn Low Power Mode on in Battery/Settings, turn off wifi & Bluetooth & put the phone into airplane mode. Basically it becomes a clock.

Take a screen shot of the battery percentage, don't plug it in, and let it sit over night like that. The battery % capacity shouldn't drop more than a couple %. Maybe 1-4%.
My 4 year old battery drops only 1-2% doing the above overnight.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Hey all.

I haven't been around in a long time but thought I'd ask if anyone else is getting this.
About two weeks ago my iphone 6s battery started draining a lot faster than normal. I loose about 10% per hour even when the screen is off. Had the battery replace a year ago via Apple Replacement "deal"

Turned off all background app refresh, checked Batter usage.
Health is 89%
Apps.
Notes is eating 40%
Messages 19%
No Cell Coverage 10%

I'm having to recharge several times a day.
I really don't want to live on airplane mode / turns my phone into an iPod.. Hahaha!

***Also noticed in Battery setting screen OFF time is 3 mins and ON is 42 mins.

Any ideas???
I got my 6S battery replaced twice under the replacement program (once a few years ago, once less than 6 months ago), so if I were you, I would try to make a genius appointment and have them diagnose it again.

Due to the small capacity of the 6S battery, it is not surprising that its health cycle can deplete quite quickly with normal use and recharges.

Reactions: jpn

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
I got my 6S battery replaced twice under the replacement program (once a few years ago, once less than 6 months ago), so if I were you, I would try to make a genius appointment and have them diagnose it again.

Due to the small capacity of the 6S battery, it is not surprising that its health cycle can deplete quite quickly with normal use and recharges.

i also got my 6s' battery replaced twice.

battery capacity is listed at 87% (but i always think this percentage is a "highly managed" number by apple's software.

currently i am getting about 4 hours if i use it heavily (opening alot of apps and downloading etc).
if i am only listening to music about 6 hours.
if i am viewing a (already downloaded) movie about 5 hours.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
+1 for replacing the battery. you can also put an iphone 7 battery in which has a bit more of juice.
my old battery showed 93% health but SOT dropped to about 1/3...

IDMah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
On the recommendation of my local Apple dealer, I did a factory reset and restore.
Seems to be better, Knock-Wood, will report back if not. so far so good.

Might have been some old setting trying to download over and over?
Will probably do battery replacement, when I get some spare cash.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

***NOPE! **** Spoke too soon! But have narrowed it down to something with WiFi access.
I don't know seems better, I guess, going with shutting Wifi off whenever I can, and that is my new reality. Sigh!

Killed the LTE setting and everything else that is fun and it's a little better!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.