Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meeebee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
I wasn't able to pull yahoo mail from the standard mail app after updating to ios12, so I deleted it from my accounts. When I tried to re-add it, I am having issues. I am able to put in my name and password, but the next screen where you select what to sync (contacts, calendar, etc) is grayed out. After about 1-2 minutes it goes back to Add new account. I've done it several times and powered on/off my iphone 6, but it's not showing up. Funny thing is that my inbox is getting messages that the account was added to my iphone (checking from my desktop).

I've noticed similar messages from a few years ago, and I think apple had to put out a patch. Anyone else had this happen? I submitted a ticket with apple.

meeebee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
Try and was successful adding again. I went through the exact same steps and last night it took. I'm guessing that with the load on the apple servers (or yahoo servers, or both) on launch day, the acknowledgement to add wasn't successful. All good now, though.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
so i noticed this afternoon it stopped pulling mail from the server (after updating to 12.1.4). No issue with password or anything.

nathulal

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
I am having this issue right now actually. So @meeebee, you just waited and were able to add it later without issue?

Thanks!

Same here. Yahoo mail not connecting when using inbuilt app. Tried removing so I can add back to see if clears out and can’t add it back.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Still having problems today. I have been trying to reinstall mt sister's yahoo email under accounts on her iPad but it’s just spinning. Took me 20 plus times to get my own loaded back in last night.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
It’s not just yahoo. Google has been buggy the same way and the app itself (mail) keeps even trying to reset and wants to reset iCloud up again every few times the mail app is opened claiming like it never existed. Only closing the app completely fixes it. Pretty sure apple simply flubbed something this time.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Yeah, there were different issues going on with gmail and some of the iOS releases.

Yahoo's been doing some tweaks to their mail servers as well. I had some issues a few days ago and it didn't coincide with an Apple update - was on both my Mac and my iPhone X (both running the beta bundles). Authentication issues. Eventually resolved itself on its own (so, obviously, whatever configuration they were trying out, they would have been seeing a lot of client-side errors in the server logs at Yahoo).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.