Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is Yahoo Mail pushing to your iOS device?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • N/A - don't use Yahoo Mail.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I have Yahoo Mail set to push on my iPhone and iPad. That worked up until it just stopped working early yesterday. I contacted Yahoo who said to delete the Yahoo account and add it back again. That didn't do anything.

I've since tried 3 different Yahoo accounts on three different iOS devices and push mail in the iOS Mail app doesn't work. I can manually fetch Yahoo Mail, but push isn't working.

I've switched to using the Yahoo Mail iOS app since push notifications are still working for that app, but I really want to use the native iOS mail app.

Is push Yahoo mail still working for anyone?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have had this problem with Yahoo off and on since about a month ago. People were talking about it here then it went away. Now, since yesterday its back again. Once they announced they were dropping some services (like Yahoo pipes and no longer supporting some older devices) it seems we are affected too. Not saying its related but as they make changes in other areas of the business to streamline it seems they are having issues with mail push too. Its annoying. I have other mail services but prefer this one since its my main address. Technically its via AT&T who uses the Yahoo servers but still, no push.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I just got my first push email in 3 days. It occurred only a few minutes after the email arrived (Yahoo Mail iOS app pushes instantly). I don't know if that means it's fixed or Yahoo is still working on it, but it's a good sign.

For what it's worth I have 24 hour "push outages" on a seemly random single iOS device every month or so. These start at 0 GMT (7 PM EST, 8 PM EDT) and run 24 hours after which the device starts working. The last time I've had a several day outage affecting multiple devices was years ago.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Yahoo seems to be very hit and miss and has been for years. I used to use Yahoo for my mail when i first had my 3GS about 4/5 years ago but after a few occasions of it stopping working i took the plunge to change and went to GMail as you could set it up as Exchange back then. Still using it now even though the Exchange bit doesnt work but i can live with potentially having to wait 15mins to get an email compared to the hassle of changing email again.

My wife uses Yahoo on her 5S and occasionally has the issue with it stopping pushing. I tried a few things last time it did it and strangely after deleting and re-entering the details a second time it started working but it could just as easy have been a time thing as well as it was a couple of days between tries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.