Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Huh - interesting. I'm not a Yahoo Messenger user, so not sure how useful this would be for me. It says it supports various social networking sites, but I'm not really sure how, and it's not very clear on the website. One thing I DID take notice of was that it said it plans to support OTHER network clients in addition to Yahoo Messenger. Another multi-messenger IM application? If it works, I'll be all over it...

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Well for the majority of the world it will have limited appeal as it only seems to recognize/work with US phone numbers.

James17

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
Great App but very slow. It has also crashed and returned to the main screen a few times since installing it which is annoying. I read some of the reviews on iTunes and others report the slowness but its the first build so hopefully they will address this in the next update.

ilfn143

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Enron by the Sea
i noticed it doesn't sign me out when i exit the app. i get all the message when sign back in. custom status message doesn't work.

edit: only stay signed in for 5 mins after exit app, same as palringo. palringo is still better.

Digipimp

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Texas
i installed it, set it up then deleted it and reinstalled and now it rooms smooth, pretty fast and has all of my contacts sychronized and the sms worked perfectly with my new combined contact list. i like it.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Oh. My. Gosh.

Yahoo! actually came out with their own application?!? not to mention one that includes chat?!?

The problem I have is that every single time I want to send a chat message (like every single time I press send) it pops up asking to sign in...kind of annoying and makes me wonder if the people see me as signed in.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
The problem I have is that every single time I want to send a chat message (like every single time I press send) it pops up asking to sign in...kind of annoying and makes me wonder if the people see me as signed in.
I just got it, and am experiencing the same.

I only use Yahoo! Messenger, so I wanted to use this, but if I have to "sign in" every time I send a message, that's going to get old FAST. It did add my contacts perfectly, which is cool, but I'd only be using the chat aspect, since I like the Facebook app, and HATE MySpace.

Anyone else have any other thoughts who's been using it for a while?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.