Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Yahoo Push seems to work now. When i send an email to my yahoo account, my phone beeps within a couple seconds, whereas with .mac it takes until it checks, or I go into mail myself and checks, so Push with Yahoo is a go!

gjkubel

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Mine is still not working. It worked for a few minutes this afternoon, but hasn't worked since. I have sent emails to Yahoo! about the issue but haven't heard anything. Has anyone else has luck resolving this issue? If so, what did you do?

superscientific

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2003
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah mine did the same too. It was working fine yesterday and then today it is not pushing mail to me I have to check it manually to get mail. I thought there was an auto check feature on the iPhone but I cannot find it anywhere on my settings.

SiLeNtKiLLa

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Yahoo Push seems to work now. When i send an email to my yahoo account, my phone beeps within a couple seconds, whereas with .mac it takes until it checks, or I go into mail myself and checks, so Push with Yahoo is a go!

Are you still in the Email app when you recieve, because that would be the cause of recieving it so fast, try sending the email, then quickly going to the launch screen and see what happens.

This is what it does using my McFT exchange acct...while in the email app, everything is instant, but outside app, only when I open app again does it pull emails in.

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Are you still in the Email app when you recieve, because that would be the cause of recieving it so fast, try sending the email, then quickly going to the launch screen and see what happens.

This is what it does using my McFT exchange acct...while in the email app, everything is instant, but outside app, only when I open app again does it pull emails in.

I have my phone asleep just sitting on the table, and I email from my computer, and it is just like 2 seconds until it beeps. Every time.

SiLeNtKiLLa

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
I have my phone asleep just sitting on the table, and I email from my computer, and it is just like 2 seconds until it beeps. Every time.

Sounds good...looks like I may have to setup an yahoo acct and just foward everything there till theres true exchage support.

BURR1T0

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Dallas, TX
i have my yahoo email set up. recieving email works but sending emails that's the tricky one. it doesn't work. when i first got it it works now it doesn't. anyone experiencing this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.