Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
It was working fine before the update, now it won't display any weather info at all. My iPad is not running beta and the new version works fine. Any ideas?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
It has nothing to do with the beta. I just visited their support forum and I am not the only one with this problem. Perhaps Yahoo will actually read their own support forum and send a fix.

I posted here to see if anyone else had the issue. I guess not.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It has nothing to do with the beta. I just visited their support forum and I am not the only one with this problem. Perhaps Yahoo will actually read their own support forum and send a fix.

I posted here to see if anyone else had the issue. I guess not.
So people on iOS 8 or previous iOS versions are having similar issues with the latest update as well?

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
I would gladly use the stock weather app if only it showed % chance of rain for the weekly forecast, just like it does for the hourly forecast. Simply can't understand why Apple has not implemented this already!

Reactions: jbachandouris

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Your story seems to change with every post. First it works on your iPad not on beta, then it worked on previous betas and now it has nothing to do with beta.
How is my story changing? I went to Yahoo's support forum and there are reports of others experiencing the same problems. I posted looking for a possible fix.

gobluejd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2012
NW Indiana
h6ivVqH.png

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
On iOS 9 or across different iOS versions?
Not sure. If you go to the App Store and click on reviews, there are quite a few who can't seem to get it working and others that had no issues. BTW, I tried leaving feedback for the app and wasn't allowed. The system rejects pre-release software. So pretty sure none of them are on iOS 9.

A screenshot showing me yours works doesn't help troubleshoot my issue.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure. If you go to the App Store and click on reviews, there are quite a few who can't seem to get it working and others that had no issues. BTW, I tried leaving feedback for the app and wasn't allowed. The system rejects pre-release software. So pretty sure none of them are on iOS 9.

A screenshot showing me yours works doesn't help troubleshoot my issue.
But that basically means it's some sort of an app issue vs and iOS 9 beta one or even iOS in general.

gobluejd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2012
NW Indiana
Just started using this again with recent update. I can not seem o see if it does weather alerts (Tornado, thunder etc). Can anyone confirm?

giladco

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2015
Same problem! Yahoo weather doesn't work (unknown location) after the latest app update (on iPhone 6 with iOS 9 public beta).

Reactions: jbachandouris

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Same problem! Yahoo weather doesn't work (unknown location) after the latest app update (on iPhone 6 with iOS 9 public beta).
They sent another update today and I had high hopes. I went into iCloud and deleted the backup for Yahoo Weather, deleted the app, hard reset, and re-installed. NO change.

Strangely enough, it works for some and not others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.