Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I recently upgraded HomeKit to the newer architecture. All my Apple devices are on the latest OS as is my HomeKit hub ATV4k.

So far my Lutron caseta switches work just fine. However my Yale assure 2 lock interfacing with HomeKit lags with No Response at times and delays with lock status. I get Updating, No Response, then the lock status Locked or Unlocked. Sometimes No Response cycles 2-3 times before it updates.

I’ve removed the lock from HomeKit, did a factory reset of the lock via their app, as well and a physical hardware reset of the lock. After the setup, there is no change.

In another thread someone mentioned hubs connected via Ethernet (which is how my ATV is connected) could be the problem, however I believe the lock only communicates via Bluetooth LE and WiFi isn’t involved.

Before the HomeKit update things worked just fine with quick communications between the lock and my ATV hub. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can improve this? Does the Schlage encode plus fair better with HomeKit because of Threads support?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.