Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Yesterday, I installed the Yale Assure Lock with WiFi, which is HomeKit compatible.

My other door has had a different Yale smart lock for four years now, but that one uses August Connect, so this new lock is my first foray into HomeKit. No HomePod, just using the Home app.

It connected fine, locked and unlocked yesterday, but now I’m getting either “no response” or “setup needed,” and I can’t figure out why. Also, it says “You can give Home access to this accessory in the manufacturer's app,” which I’ve already done.

Any help?

Attachments

• IMG_5897.jpeg
    IMG_5897.jpeg
    641.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5899.jpeg
    IMG_5899.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5898.png
    IMG_5898.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 16

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Yesterday, I installed the Yale Assure Lock with WiFi, which is HomeKit compatible.

My other door has had a different Yale smart lock for four years now, but that one uses August Connect, so this new lock is my first foray into HomeKit. No HomePod, just using the Home app.

It connected fine, locked and unlocked yesterday, but now I’m getting either “no response” or “setup needed,” and I can’t figure out why. Also, it says “You can give Home access to this accessory in the manufacturer's app,” which I’ve already done.

Any help?

I suspect that the lack of a HomePod (acting as the home hub) may be the issue. Do you have an AppleTv?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.