Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brawnydt

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Hey guys, so I'm trying to find some of the best iPad accessories of the year. What would you say is the best iPad case, sleeve, bag, or accessory of 2010?

It seems like Happy Owl studio's iPad clutch was one of the coolest looking iPad cases and I was waiting to get one of those, but it's kind of lost all its following thanks to how flipping long it's taking to come out... I've heard some negative comments on how it looks too now that there's actual pictures up of it. My personal favorite is the Oberon design leather iPad case, although it's a bit expensive. They look amazing!

I was looking around and ipadaccessories.com had a decent post on the best of 2010 here. They found a few cool items.

Have you guys heard anything about the awesome Sena case with the built in bluetooth keyboard? That one looked awesome!

Anyway, what's your favorite if you could pick anything?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
For me...

1. Yoobao Magic Case
2. Apple Wireless Keyboard
3. Keyboard case I got off of Ebay which fits the above Apple Wireless Keyboard like a glove
4. Tripod stand for iPad (Ebay) PLUS crystal silicone case I also got off of ebay (only covers back and sides...high quality silicone) plus felt pouch I also got off of Ebay which fits the iPad perfectly (All for the times I do not use the Yoobao Magic Case)

These are my favorite accessories...

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
Yea, I've seen my friends using the Apple case, it's a pretty cool case actually. I like how thin it is!

It's a good piece of kit to be honest. I can only think of two minor improvements I'd make to it personally.

1) A clasp to hold it shut - a small magnet would probably do the job, similar the the Macbook lid. I'm sick of it flapping open in my bag.

2) A different material - I dislike how easily the case marks.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'm lusting for some Dansko clogs that would match the muzzetto bag I don't have yet for my iPad. Is that a bit over the top in the iPad accessory department??? :D even if it is, I need brown shoes and have an arch problem......

Built, you gunna share a link to that silicone case yet????

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
For me...

4. Tripod stand for iPad (Ebay) PLUS crystal silicone case I also got off of ebay (only covers back and sides...high quality silicone) plus felt pouch I also got off of Ebay which fits the iPad perfectly (All for the times I do not use the Yoobao

Slightly off topic, apologies.

Built - How often do you remove the iPad from the Yoobao case? Any problems in doing this?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm lusting for some Dansko clogs that would match the muzzetto bag I don't have yet for my iPad. Is that a bit over the top in the iPad accessory department??? :D even if it is, I need brown shoes and have an arch problem......

Built, you gunna share a link to that silicone case yet????

Here ya go, Tracey. The reason I love this cover is because it only covers the sides and the back of the iPad. It is slightly rubbery, yet crystal clear, and holds the iPad securely while providing protection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/iPad-Crystal-Clear-TPU-Silicone-Case-Cover-High-Quality-/190444388706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c575ec162

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Slightly off topic, apologies.

Built - How often do you remove the iPad from the Yoobao case? Any problems in doing this?

Hey Tobster...

I've taken the iPad out of the Yoobao about a half dozen times over the last month...I only keep it on if I'm travelling...No problems at all.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Here ya go, Tracey. The reason I love this cover is because it only covers the sides and the back of the iPad. It is slightly rubbery, yet crystal clear, and holds the iPad securely while providing protection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/iPad-Crystal-Clear-TPU-Silicone-Case-Cover-High-Quality-/190444388706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c575ec162

Muchas gracias sir!

Coincidently, I had come across one like that at a place online this morning from another thread. That is how my speck covers, but it is heavy... And boring black! LOL!! I think I can manage to buy one or two from hdaccessory.com, unless shipping is insane. At the cheap price if I end up not liking it, i won't feel bad setting it aside.

But at least my iPad will be prettier sometimes! :D

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Muchas gracias sir!

Coincidently, I had come across one like that at a place online this morning from another thread. That is how my speck covers, but it is heavy... And boring black! LOL!! I think I can manage to buy one or two from hdaccessory.com, unless shipping is insane. At the cheap price if I end up not liking it, i won't feel bad setting it aside.

But at least my iPad will be prettier sometimes! :D

I was really impressed with this product, Tracey. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the "bulls-eye" look on the back, but I love it...It's very subtle...more subtle than the pics...and actually got a few really great comments from people who saw it.

The beauty of this case is (aside from being cheap) it is ever-so slightly rubberized feeling...completely clear...and doesn't cover any of the bezel.

mechanopony

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
Bacon case lol... :p

But seriously, I'm still on the hunt for accessories, so all these that have been listed so far are good references to look into. Thanks!

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
You have to be careful ordering TPU cases from ebay. A lot of the sellers just shove them into padded envelopes and the sides get creased during shipping. They are still usable...but the creases are noticeable around the edges of the ipad.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
You have to be careful ordering TPU cases from ebay. A lot of the sellers just shove them into padded envelopes and the sides get creased during shipping. They are still usable...but the creases are noticeable around the edges of the ipad.

I can attest to the seller from whom I bought mine. They arrived in perfect condition, wrapped in a stiffer plastic wrap than normal.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I can attest to the seller from whom I bought mine. They arrived in perfect condition, wrapped in a stiffer plastic wrap than normal.

I know some sellers will package them better but some of the sellers who are even cheaper than $8 don't. I ordered 3 from the same seller and they were all jammed into a padded envelope and all 3 had a small crease in the same spot around the edge which you could tell was from shipping as the envelope has a crease in the same spot. I didn't really care because I paid $10 for 3 cases including shipping from China...but someone who is more of a perfectionist than me might care.

It doesn't hurt to ask the seller how they plan on shipping/protecting them is really all I am saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.