Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeAniel28

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
When i stare directly at the screen it looks kinda warm more of a yellowish tint when looking upwards and sidewards it becomes a bit cooler blueish is this normal on oled? Thanks!

btw i only noticed the yellow tint when outside (true tone off, filters off,)

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
Yes. Here’s a link to more info to thread and a poll on what others thought.

DeAniel28

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Yes. Here’s a link to more info to thread and a poll on what others thought.

So i guess Warmer tint is good than blueish.

Reactions: m0sher

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The only time you'll notice warmer shades of white is when comparing two phones side by side. I can guarantee you that if all you look at is the one phone, whatever shade of white it is, it'll look "white" after using it for a while. The eyes adjust

Reactions: m0sher

DeAniel28

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
The only time you'll notice warmer shades of white is when comparing two phones side by side. I can guarantee you that if all you look at is the one phone, whatever shade of white it is, it'll look "white" after using it for a while. The eyes adjust

yeah the white turns semi blueish when tilting i guess its the nature of OLED screens.

Last edited:

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
So i guess Warmer tint is good than blueish.

I found the bluish tint to give a little eye strain.

As the displays get brighter in NITS seems Apple makes them a bit more warmer like from X to XS to 11PRo as the screen got brighter each display got a tad warmer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.