Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
In Settings > Screen Time > All Activity > Devices it shows two devices with the same name (John Appleseeds’s iPhone). One is collecting screen time info and the other has no data. Given that I deleted my previous iPhone from my iCloud and set up my new iPhone from scratch why is it still showing??? I’m losing patience with these sort of bugs. iOS 13 is looking like ANDROID!!!

Last edited:

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Maybe try turning screentime off, reboot the phone and turn screentime back on? I don’t use this feature anymore myself as it’s a battery drain and my work drains my battery enough as it is.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Maybe try turning screentime off, reboot the phone and turn screentime back on? I don’t use this feature anymore myself as it’s a battery drain and my work drains my battery enough as it is.

Is the screen time data already collected saved if I turn it off?

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Is the screen time data already collected saved if I turn it off?
No it deletes the collected data. I just tested it out. Only other thing I’d say is update to iOS 13.1 on Tuesday and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Reactions: rmoliv

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
I’ll wait for Tuesday’s update. If it doesn’t fix it I’ll call Apple. But they are useless most of the times anyway!

CreamEggBear

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2016
Burham
This bug has been present since screen time was introduced during iOS 12. I’m stunned that this still has not been resolved.

I have three ghost devices on my screen time and just ended up disabling it.

CreamEggBear

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2016
Burham
This bug has been present since screen time was introduced during iOS 12. I’m stunned that this still has not been resolved.

I have three ghost devices on my screen time and just ended up disabling it.

weycon

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2018
Bug is still present in IOS 13.1, old devices are still shown on Screen Time...When Apple will be able to fix this bug here since IOS 12 ???

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Bug is still present in IOS 13.1, old devices are still shown on Screen Time...When Apple will be able to fix this bug here since IOS 12 ???

Same here. I’ve already reported it to Apple Support. They’ll call me back hopefully with a fix. I’ve already tried several things like disabling iCloud backups and the Find My app but to no avail... Such a terrible service from Apple.

weycon

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2018
Each time we change our iPhone or iPad, we will keep old devices on the list... that will be crazy and Apple do not fix this bug !!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.