Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
I may have found a little bug in 10.4.3...

Since the update, I have seen an issue where a Finder Window is not properly positioning the "Spotlight Field" when the window has been resized with a horizontal width greater than "1440 px".

This would not normally be that much of an issue, as one does not usually look at a finder window in full screen, however as I have a Powerbook 5,9 17", on which the screen is 1680x1050, it can get a little annoying.

Below is an image of what I am talking about...

proof.jpg

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Reading is nice, simply because everything is still sized the same as it is on all the other screens, there is just more pixels used to define the same space.

(Yes, OSX actually uses DPI to determine the actual sizes of fonts rather than Microsoft's "no one will ever use a screen with more than 72 DPI".)

Where it really shines is photo editing.

As far as the "lines", I am not sure what you are talking about.

Kace

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2005
Sydney
lines havent been an issue on the 17"
only specific to the 15"
thats wht i believe anyway. my pb has no lines and yes the spotlight positioning in the finder window is present

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I got it to show up on my iBook spanning across both of my screens each at 1024x768...doesn't seem to be a major bug, just silly looking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.