Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalrebelxt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Comments are welcome, Thank for your help in advance. Have a great day!

140790995_8775b52481_b.jpg

- Matthew

digitalrebelxt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
iGary said:
The logo styles with teh rounded tops look like tombstones, I think. :eek:

rounded tops represent windows that you would have had in your castle to look over your realm, and realm meaning investment properties.

UWF404

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
They have a progressive look to them which is inconsistent with the font. Font has a more traditional look which conflicts with the logomark styling. I'd consider a different font choice to something more fluid in lines. Sans serif definitely IMHO

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
I also like the 3rd one down on the left side, except if it had orange in it.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
digitalrebelxt said:
rounded tops represent windows that you would have had in your castle to look over your realm, and realm meaning investment properties.

No don't get me wrong - I like what you did, I just always find it helpful when people give what their eyes see - I had one I did yesterday that somone said looked like a sewage pipe, and initially I was a bit put off, but in the end it was good feedback. :)

My photograpy logo is a prime example - I know what it is supposed to mean, but no one else does. I'm not changing, but in retrospect, I would have gotten more feedback.

Attachments

• logo_vert_white.gif
    logo_vert_white.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 313

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Third one down on the left looks wrong, there is too much inconsistancy in your 'slash' its black when its on white (fine) the white on colour/black (fine) then white on white, white on black...seems too inconsistant

Also, it looks wrong only the 'r' is effected in that design as it looks accidental.

All the logos look fairly unoriginal except the top one, i would on that one and improving it, its over compersition is nice, not too sure about whether you should line up shield and the grey text, also fading the text towards the bottom looks too soft, should be sharper i think.

I hope this is ok, its intended as constructive.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
these logos look a bit tired and off the mark.

The colors are tired, the type choice is not spot on, and the marks seem to be very non-descript.

Realm in lower case letters is nowhere near as impressive as REALM in uppercase or Title case.

You really didn't give us a choice between logos as you much as gave us a choice between colors and variations of a mark.

Try looking at other fonts and other - hey here's an idea - concepts. I am not being harsh, just giving you feedback as a client would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.