Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac yahh!!!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Hello everyone I'm new here to the forums but not to macs... Besides that point I have a question about my macbook here. Before now I've never had a problem with my mb besides the minor moo; today however its done something I've never experienced or read about. What it is doing is not recognizing the battery properly or at least not being powered off of of it.
Then the only time it will be powered is when on the adapter and once unplugged shuts off. When on though it says the battery is fully charged and even recognizes it as an option with the power at 5155 of the 5155. So thats why I'm not sure if its the battery or another problem I'm not aware of. I just wanted to ask here for a possible quick fix or reference before trying apple.
Help would be appreciated- thanx in advance.
-if it helps the macbook is a black 2ghz 512 mb and 80 gb lappy

mac yahh!!!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Did the battery in and out a few times but ill definatley try to follow the pmu reset thanx i'll see if thats the remedy.

mac yahh!!!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Unfortunatley that didnt work but thanx anyway I'll keep trying but it seems im going to have to go to the local apple store soon.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, take it in. Tell 'em you've tried a PMU reset and it didn't help. Hopefully it'll just be a case of replacing the battery but back everything up just in case they have to give you a different machine or something. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.