Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech3475

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
I know there are other topics on this but the ones I saw didn't cover my specific needs.

I basically need something which supports folders, various codecs/containers (mainly avi, mkv, ml4 and flv) and subtitles. If possible, I'd also like iphone 6 compatibility.

I currently use Oplayer HD lite and it generally works (at least what I've tested) but the adverts are annoying (appearing while watching), I'm considering buying it but I want to look at alternatives (paid or free) if that's the case.

I tried CineXplayer HD but it wouldn't play some video Oplayer HD did so I ended up getting a refund for it.

Years ago I used Avplayer on an iPhone 4 but that had issues with subtitiles not rendering properly.

So what other apps are there which generally fit the above.

Thank you.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I know there are other topics on this but the ones I saw didn't cover my specific needs.

I basically need something which supports folders, various codecs/containers (mainly avi, mkv, ml4 and flv) and subtitles. If possible, I'd also like iphone 6 compatibility.

I currently use Oplayer HD lite and it generally works (at least what I've tested) but the adverts are annoying (appearing while watching), I'm considering buying it but I want to look at alternatives (paid or free) if that's the case.

I tried CineXplayer HD but it wouldn't play some video Oplayer HD did so I ended up getting a refund for it.

Years ago I used Avplayer on an iPhone 4 but that had issues with subtitiles not rendering properly.

So what other apps are there which generally fit the above.

Thank you.

Yeah, nPlayer is still prolly the best if you don't need DTS / MKV AirPlay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.