Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
Thought I'd add my pile-o-photos to the mix.

And no, the text on the page is NOT a review, it is simply there so we can remember what was intesting about this pre-release, and of course, the many bugs that never get to the final version.

http://hotline.kicks-ass.net/betaworld/tiger8a162/index.html
(can be a long load if on dial-up or have a slow CPU to render the many images)

Username: Betaworld
Password: Copland

Oh, don't forget to checkout the other OSes at:

http://hotline.kicks-ass.net/betaworld/index.html

I've tried to get all the info correct, but you never know.

Comments/questions are always welcome.

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
Forced Perfect said:
Thought I'd add my pile-o-photos to the mix.

And no, the text on the page is NOT a review, it is simply there so we can remember what was intesting about this pre-release, and of course, the many bugs that never get to the final version.

http://hotline.kicks-ass.net/betaworld/tiger8a162/index.html
(can be a long load if on dial-up or have a slow CPU to render the many images)

Comments/questions are always welcome.

You really should check and make sure yer comments line up with their respective pictures and for that matter, that the enlargement pictures match up with the right links as well....

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
this has probably been posted elsewhere on the forum, but i am wondering what kind of system resources the Dashboard takes to run - if its even close to Konfabulator, thats a big problem. In your experience on a 400Mhz G4, did the OS overall feel slow? quick? sluggish? snappy?

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
shecky said:
this has probably been posted elsewhere on the forum, but i am wondering what kind of system resources the Dashboard takes to run - if its even close to Konfabulator, thats a big problem. In your experience on a 400Mhz G4, did the OS overall feel slow? quick? sluggish? snappy?

As stated on the page it is almost as fast as Panther on the test system. Dashboard is quite fast once it has been cached (the first time you press it, it can take a few seconds to load). Not sure on the exact resources, but once you use it, the rest of the OS doesn't slow down or anything. It just seems to sleep when not in use. (like most things in OS X)

Keep in mind that this is a pre-release and we shouldn't even be talking about its speed, as the final version is always faster.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
Hoef said:
Neat collection of Macs .... You live in a castle I presume?

I live in one bedroom of my Mother's place, and one bedroom of my Dad's place. hehe

I just use every inch of the rooms for as many desks as I can get.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
Here's an odd one.

After installing 10.4 on the test machine, the 10.3.5 version Sarfari has the default bookmarks for 10.4, such as all the bookmarked RSS feeds in addition to the ones that were added to Safari by the owner.

But 10.4 and 10.3 aren't on the same drive. It just added the bookmarks to the older OS's Users folder.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
relimw said:
You really should check and make sure yer comments line up with their respective pictures and for that matter, that the enlargement pictures match up with the right links as well....

Uh, they do.What picture doesn't match to the correct one? (I'm talking about the Tiger page, I'm aware of the problem loading one of the 8.x images, and that has been fixed.)

All the ones that simply list their pictures on the betaworld/index.html file haven't been updated and were quickly tossed together and might have a bad comment, or a bad link. The sections that have "Enter Photo Gallery" have been recently redone with comments for all photos, and all of their links should work. I'm working on updating the rest of them.

One or two comments are a little off-topic in the Tiger section, such as the About the Finder comment talking about window resizing speed in the Finder. It seemed like a good place to put it, after all there wasn't much to say about the About the Finder box, so I said something about how it acts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.