Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Color?

• Brown

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Black

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
My girlfriend has the brown one, I have the black.

I actually like the brown one quite a bit - it's a lighter reddish brown in person. I probably would have bought it if my girlfriend hadn't bought hers first (silly issue - just wanted a way to easily tell which was which). The contrast stitching of the black looks silly and I quickly dyed it with shoe polish.

Generally with tech stuff in the business world people tend to prefer black. Full disclosure - I'm a denizen of StyleForum where black is anathema for fine leather goods... bags, shoes, belts, coats, etc, (connotation - black is too conservative/boring/no imagination) so given the choice I tend to pick brown. I now rock a Vaja Agenda 2 in dark brown.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have both and really like the Yoobao slim so well I would purchase in another color if they had more. For me the black is perfect. I really like the brandy color of the brown but my brown one bunches just a tad where the fold is. The black has a wider fold so no bunching.

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
I have both and really like the Yoobao slim so well I would purchase in another color if they had more. For me the black is perfect. I really like the brandy color of the brown but my brown one bunches just a tad where the fold is. The black has a wider fold so no bunching.

We have the opposite problem - my black shows something bunching around the fold. My girlfriend's brown case is fine though. I think it's just a random batch variation and not related to color.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

I bought black because I like it better. Great poll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.