Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
After the keynote finished yesterday, i went onto Apple's website where i signed up for the beta testing version of OSX Yosemite, i discovered that the Spotlight feature will only be available to those in the US :( i'm from the UK.
Does anyone who may of downloaded it already, know if there are anymore features that will be missing, for those of us in other countries?

Last edited:

Magnum Opus

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
After the keynote finished yesterday, i went onto Apple's website where i signed up for the beta testing version of OSX Yosemite, i discovered that the Spotlight feature will only be available to those in the US :( i'm from the UK.
Does anyone who may of downloaded it already, know if there are anymore features that will be missing, for those of us in other countries?

I'm UK, spotlight doesn't have any of the 'internet' features on my MacBook or iDevices

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I'm UK, spotlight doesn't have any of the 'internet' features on my MacBook or iDevices

Yea i know about that one, i was wondering if there was any other features that the UK won't be getting. Disappointed that we won't be getting spotlight.

Also ive signed up to the beta programme, i haven't been sent and email yet, however there seems to be a few people that have already downloaded it :confused:

Magnum Opus

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
Yea i know about that one, i was wondering if there was any other features that the UK won't be getting. Disappointed that we won't be getting spotlight.

Also ive signed up to the beta programme, i haven't been sent and email yet, however there seems to be a few people that have already downloaded it :confused:

The (Public) Beta program is different to the Developer Preview. The DP is available now, but the Beta is available in the 'Summer'.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003

The public beta is coming later (maybe late July). The only version available now is the developer preview, which you have to be a registered and paid-up developer to get access to.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
The (Public) Beta program is different to the Developer Preview. The DP is available now, but the Beta is available in the 'Summer'.

The public beta is coming later (maybe late July). The only version available now is the developer preview, which you have to be a registered and paid-up developer to get access to.

Oh ok that explains it then :D i signed up quickly because i know theres only a limited number and revived the message saying, "we will email you when OSX Yosemite Beta is available to download"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.