Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlmwalt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa, USA
I'm a dumb@$$. I haven't updated my Macbook in ages and now I'm SOL on getting the latest iTunes to load up my music to my phone.

Does anybody have a copy of the installer for Yosemite 10.10.5?

Nami~

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2017
I'm a dumb@$$. I haven't updated my Macbook in ages and now I'm SOL on getting the latest iTunes to load up my music to my phone.

Does anybody have a copy of the installer for Yosemite 10.10.5?

A: I have do u want?

dhabs

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2017
ask a friend to download it from the appstore, it is in purchased folder

Last edited:

theArties

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2018
N25°0'0.2442,W71°0'0.0426
Hi All,

I inherited a imac 2008 with no recovery partition (old hdd was replaced). Would like to future proof the unit for kids usage, hence would like to keep a copy of the installer. Not many apple usage friends, hence would like to know how to obtain the 10.10.5 installer. is internet recovery working for this year model?

Appreciate your kind reply / sharing.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
Hi All,

I inherited a imac 2008 with no recovery partition (old hdd was replaced). Would like to future proof the unit for kids usage, hence would like to keep a copy of the installer. Not many apple usage friends, hence would like to know how to obtain the 10.10.5 installer. is internet recovery working for this year model?

Appreciate your kind reply / sharing.
There is a 20" & 24" iMac that were released in early 2008. Both models were released with OS 10.5.2 or 10.5.4 (Leopard) as the original OS. Leopard was only released on install DVDs shipped with your iMac and never distributed via the internet. Internet Recovery will not be able to install the the OS that shipped with your iMac.

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/index-imac.html#specs

EDIT: Additional information: The maximum OS you can use with your iMac is El Capitan (10.11.6).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.