Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chraos

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Southeast
So after installing and encountering problems that make it pretty much unusable, I attempted to boot into Recovery and clean install, only I was greeted with a "Contact AppleCare" message. What the hell is going on. I am growing furious by the second. Currently re-downloading Mavericks on a separate machine to re-install on my unusable Yosemite driven macbook.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
This. I'm missing Photo Booth among other things...glad I stuck it on my test machine and not my main one.

chraos

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Southeast
That's why it's Beta software. If you get mad over stuff like this, should you be using pre-release software?

I have other machines to use....getting upset is a normal human response when things don't go the way you expect them to. I was fully aware of the risk of running a beta....sorry for expressing my frustration online. I promise to never ever do it again.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
So after installing and encountering problems that make it pretty much unusable, I attempted to boot into Recovery and clean install, only I was greeted with a "Contact AppleCare" message. What the hell is going on. I am growing furious by the second. Currently re-downloading Mavericks on a separate machine to re-install on my unusable Yosemite driven macbook.

I've made that mistake before. I'm currently installing Yosemite on a separate partition just in case.

aholeinthewor1d

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Has anyone tried internet recovery? Internet recovery should default to installing the OS that shipped with the computer. Don't wanna try Yosemite on my macbook yet until I know for sure if I can go back without having to make a USB from another computer. From what I understand you should be able to boot to internet recovery (Command+Option+R), erase HD in disk utility. And reinstall whatever OS came with the computer (Mavericks for example). Please let me know

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Has anyone tried internet recovery? Internet recovery should default to installing the OS that shipped with the computer. Don't wanna try Yosemite on my macbook yet until I know for sure if I can go back without having to make a USB from another computer. From what I understand you should be able to boot to internet recovery (Command+Option+R), erase HD in disk utility. And reinstall whatever OS came with the computer (Mavericks for example). Please let me know

Why not just install Yosemite on a separate partition?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

me too... reinstalling Mountain Lion

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
I just installed it on my MP, and it is horrible. The biggest annoyance is that my internet is no longer working on this computer. which means no updates. they hopefully, will have 10.10.1 out within a week or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.